[Openstack] Pending reviews

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Apr 27 07:56:06 UTC 2012

Russell Bryant wrote:
> It was nice to see a number of discussions at the summit in this area.
> The biggest backlog is nova, and there are discussions of both splitting
> parts out to make nova smaller, as well as adopting feature branches and
> merge windows.  The feature branches could have more reviewers that are
> experts in that area, but not necessarily nova-core.  Hopefully these
> things will help in the Folsom cycle.

I suspect the backlog in linked to the design summit and people taking
time off the week after. It should be gradually absorbed in the
following days.

The long-term solution is indeed smaller groups of topic-experts
reviewers being responsible for a smaller batch of reviews. In the short
term, we might review nova-core membership to make sure it still matches
people who can actually regularly commit time to the review duty.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack