[Openstack] orphaned floating_ips if you terminate before disassociating?

Brian Parker onebrianparker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:15:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

We are running Essex on 12.04 b2.  Has anyone else noticed that, using the
dashboard, if you terminate an instance before disassociating a floating
ip, the result is that the floating_ips record is orphaned (refers to
deleted instance).  In this state, accessing the tenant using the
dashboard, results in errors do to the orphaned floating_ips record.

I have not found anyone else reporting this issue.  I'm trying to figure
out if it is specific to our configuration or not.  Or maybe I just don't
know how to search effectively ...  In the meantime, let me see if I can
reproduce with devstack.

Thanks!

Brian