[Openstack] [Openstack:Volume] Block Storage Naming Poll

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Thu Apr 19 15:00:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM,  <john.griffith8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
> online:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG5hOVpKZ3lFY3RTcE4yU0lxa1I3VkE6MQ
>
> Block Storage Naming Poll
>
> Suggested names are listed below, cast your vote. We'll take the top results
> and find the one that isn't already associated with an existing project. If
> you have other suggestions you'd like to add to this list add them or shoot
> me an email. I'd like to close out this process in the next day or so if
> possible.
>
> Name for the new block storage service
>
> cinder
> decibel
> eleven
> litre
> arcade
> ensemble
> fount
> reservoir
> lego
> jenga
> volterre
> severance
> bolide
> corona
>

> Sample Question 2
>
> Powered by Google Docs Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms

It looks like we have a pretty clear winner....

With 10 votes "cinder" was the leading choice with the closest
alternative being "lego" at 4 votes.  Based on a total of 25 votes I
think it's safe to say the majority of folks have had an opportunity
to vote.

So... we have a project name!

I talked with Thierry last nigh regarding official repos, process etc
and will keep moving to get that all set up.  I'll keep everyone
updated via email, it shouldn't take long to get an official repo at
least.  Also in the meantime I'll create a cinder project on my own
personal github account (https://github.com/j-griffith/).

Might be a bit busy today, but hope to have something to work off of next week.

Thanks,
John