[Openstack] keystone & nova ( diablo )

Carlo Impagliazzo truijllo at crs4.it
Tue Sep 27 14:40:37 UTC 2011

Hi, all
I've installed nova/glance in Diablo official release, and all worked.
Then I've tried to install keystone (
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/commit/0425fba560e7d68e52f922667972765e64ad17dc
posted in last meeting )

and used sample config files in example/paste/...

running nova-api I obtain :

(nova): TRACE: ImportError: <module 'nova.api.ec2'
from '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/api/ec2/__init__.pyc'> has
no 'ToToken' attribute

so I digged in nova/api/ec2/__init__.py and I noticed that following class was
removed:
class ToToken(wsgi.Middleware):
    """Authenticate an EC2 request with keystone and convert to token."""

Is there a reason for this or something now is called in a different way?

Is there a adviced keystone release able to work with nova diablo?

thank you!
Carlo

ps. a few days ago a similar thread was opened in mailing list but in that
case the issue was only a strong difference in release between nova and
keystone