[Openstack] Community metrics, developers' engagement

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:04:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Soren Hansen <soren at linux2go.dk> wrote:
> 2011/9/26 Mike Scherbakov <mihgen at gmail.com>:
>> as a developer, I'm less carried about numbers of threads/messages in
>> IRC/commits, but more about the activities and content. Existing
>> weekly review seems to me already perfect in terms of numbers; since
>> we relocated to github it's even easier to see impact.
>
> Can you explain how? What is it that I can see on Github that I couldn't
> see on Launchpad? I'm not used to github, so I'm very likely not using
> it to its full potential yet and this sounds potentially useful.

Takes a little getting used to (and there would be much easier to read
representations of the data if the point of the graph wasn't to look
pretty), but you can scroll left-to-right in the graph, representing
time. The coloured layers represent the relative size of patches
issued by different committers. You can scroll over the layer to see
who was that contributor...

-jay