[Openstack] Deadline for Session proposals for Design Summit - EOD Sep 27

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 23 15:50:23 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

With Diablo behind us it is time to focus on the Essex Design Summit,
starting in a bit more than a week now. Since your proposals are what
the agenda is made up, we need your session proposals in ASAP. Only
confirmed attendees can propose sessions, and the registration is now
completely closed.

The deadline for proposing your sessions is the end of the day on
Tuesday, September 27. At that point the PTLs and myself will do final
review and scheduling.

Remember to use "Rubberstamp" sessions if your topic can fit in 25min,
and keep "Brainstorm" only for discussions where you need 55min.

More details on session proposing at: http://wiki.openstack.org/Summit

The number of proposed talks now almost reaches the number of available
time slots, and I know quite a few people haven't proposed already, so
it is very likely that a few sessions will get refused in the main track
rooms and will have to use the "Unconference" room instead. We'll have
to give priority to core projects and discussion sessions.

A whole room is dedicated to the "Unconference", which allows on-site
direct scheduling of sessions, presentations, workshops, continuation
sessions. Paperboards will be available for you to grab the available
slots on a first come first served basis. There will also be daily
lightning talks, just after lunch.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)