[Openstack] Essex sessions

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Sep 19 12:56:04 UTC 2011

Jay Pipes wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Brian Lamar <brian.lamar at rackspace.com> wrote:
>> Hey Matt,
>>
>> I don't have the "how" and "why" something gets approved, but I do know that I asked for a timeline when proposals opened and this is what I got from Thierry:
>>
>> Propose sessions (Sep 6 - Sep 27)
>> Review sessions (Sep 12 - Sep 29)
>> Schedule sessions (Sep 27 - Oct 2)
>>
>> So it looks like this was the first week of reviewing/approving. I'm also curious who chooses the sessions, if someone can elaborate on that. I need to know who to bribe!
>
> I believe the PTLs (Devin, Ziad, myself, John Dickinson, and Vish) +
> the release manager Thierry are the ones who will discuss and approve
> things. Unless there is a flood of session proposals, it's unlikely
> that any proposals will be rejected -- unless they overlap with other
> session topics or simply aren't design-summit focused (i.e. they are
> more for the OpenStack conference, which is less of a working event
> and more of a traditional conference)

Indeed.

Each PTL will do final approval of stuff on his track, and I'll handle
the OpenStack Core / NetStack / Other ones. You should receive an email
notification for any status change.

We may have to refuse sessions if we don't have enough slots for all of
them. In particular, please keep in mind that if you don't need a full
hour for a session, select "Rubberstamp" (25min) instead of "Brainstorm"
(55min) as the session type ! That should help in keeping room for
everyone. You can track how much room is already taken by looking at the
graph at the top of the sessions list. We are already in the red :)

I'll do a pass (probably today) and approve on waiting list all the
technically-sound and properly-filed proposals. Final approval will be
on each track lead plate.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack