[Openstack] Load Balancers for Swift Proxy-servers ----why Pound ?

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:47:30 UTC 2011

Hello , Stackers

I'm interesting about the reason of Pound as SLB(software Load balance) in
Swift docs.
Most articles talk about the performance of SLB , and Nginx seems the winner
of SLB battle .
Lower CPU usage / lots of connections etc....
Does Pound has better performance for Swift ?
And if there's a clear comparison table would be great , really confusing
about that ..
In my study , Pound using 7 times of cpu usage than Nginx of SLB in same
conditions .

btw , most of articles just using HTTP instead of HTTPS.   Does Pound better
than Nginx under HTTPS?

Cheers
Hugo Kuo

--