[Openstack] openstack for citrix xenserver 5.6 SP2

Balaji Venkataraman xbalaji at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 03:59:57 UTC 2011

Rafi:

Thanks for the link, I looked at it earlier, from what I understand the wiki
page assumes
a Type 2 Hypervisor. My idea is to make Citrix Xenserver  (Type 1
Hypervisor) as a
nova-node. I spent sometime on this but was going no  where. Installed gcc,
g++, make
etc  to compile apt-get from source on Xenserver. Then ran into issues as
apt-get
expects some files which are missing in Xenserver.

Hope someone can shed some light, I see openstack claims support in
Xenserver but
is it on a standard Xenserver downloaded from Citrix or a custom built
Xenserver?

Thanks and Regards,
Balaji