[Openstack] Quantum groups

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Fri Sep 16 18:36:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:47 AM, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quantum moved its code hosting to GitHub this morning, and is now using
> Gerrit for code reviews.  We're currently gating the trunk on the test
> suite and pep8.  Pylint is currently a post-merge job, but making it a
> pre-merge check is a future to-do once the count comes down.
>
> As part of the incubation process, I'd like to standardize the group
> structure around quantum to correspond with the rest of the OpenStack
> project.  Currently the quantum project in Launchpad is associated with
> the netstack and netstack-core groups.  I'd like to create quantum and
> quantum-core groups (with the current membership of the corresponding
> netstack groups), and change the maintainer of quantum on Launchpad to
> openstack-admins.
>
> Does that sound okay?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for all the work converting Quantum over to github + gerrit.

Generally, we want to match the model of other OpenStack projects on the way
to becoming a core project, so I think having a dedicated groups for Quantum
makes sense if that maps best to your infrastructure.  There will probably
be some overlap between this group and other network-related openstack
projects, but I don't see a big problem there.

Dan

> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Dan Wendlandt