[Openstack] Question on virt interfaces

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Fri Sep 9 15:37:47 UTC 2011

2011/9/9 Brian Lamar <brian.lamar at rackspace.com>:
> Yeah, I've had the same issues you seem to be struggling with. Long story short when you're doing what this project is doing and attempting to be flexible with several different diverse implementations you're going to encounter areas where some drivers just don't support things. I feel like this should just go away and then NotImplementedError would be raised as it's not implemented. This was also pointed out by Kei.

This is what I'm doing as I'm going through the virt layer cleaning
things up. I have a test that calls all the methods and records when
something raises NotImplementedError. I'll use this data to
automatically compile a matrix of supported features in the individual
drivers, but it'll be a while before this actually happens (I need to
actually call all the various drivers from this test first).

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/