[Openstack] ANN: (Unofficial) OpenStack Diablo packages for Ubuntu Oneiric

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 25 19:04:26 UTC 2011

Inline also.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 06:34:28PM +0100, Kiall Mac Innes wrote:
> See inline.
>
> On Oct 25, 2011 10:24 a.m., "Dave Walker" <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kiall,
> >
> > This is great news that you are working on resolving Diablo issues on
> > Oneiric.
> >
> > I'd like to question what gave you the impression Ubuntu were not
> > working on post-release fixes for Oneiric?
>
> One of the names involved in lots of the Ubuntu cloud packages, and
> OpenStack, mentioned it was unlikely Oneiric would see a fully working
> stack..

Can you point me to this discussion?  It sound awfully like there has
been some confusion..  Who was it that said this?

> > I think it would be great if you were keen to work on the real archive
> > packages, we'd certainly appreciate any additional hands.
>
> I actually tried that first, but became frustrated at bzr and
> bzr-builddeb... I ended up switching back to my faithful git and
> git-buildpackage!
>
> I was simply more interested in getting the packages working, rather than
> learning another sparsely documented tool (I've done that once with
> git-buildpkg, and bzr-builddeb seemed to have even less
> documentation).

$ bzr bd -S ; cd ../ ; dput *.change (or pbuilder/sbuild)

-S means source package (more details below)

> > Nova has already had one update, waiting to migrate from the -proposed
> > to the -updates pocket:
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/nova/2011.3-0ubuntu6.1
> >
> > Keystone sql path fix is now in -proposed, and pending verification
> > before moving to updates.
> >
> > Please do raise bugs for each specific issue that needs to be
> > resolved, and myself (or my team) will gladly assist if necessary -
> > including sponsoring of uploads.
>
> I'm happy to give bzr and bzr-builddeb another chance, if you can point me
> to some documentation ;)

TBH, a simple debdiff attached to the bug report might also be
suitable.

However, if you do want to look at doc's - perhaps this will help?
http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/fixing-a-bug.html

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker