[Openstack] Some updates to REST API specs

Caitlin Bestler Caitlin.Bestler at nexenta.com
Thu Oct 20 16:35:04 UTC 2011

Russel Bryant wrote:

>> We need to add these codes to maintain compliance.
>>
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-new-status-02

> To maintain compliance with what?  I ask since the linked document is a draft.

Waiting until a draft was an official RFC would be an excessive delay. The IETF process is thorough but far from fleet of foot.
However, waiting for a draft to be a workgroup product before saying that a project SHOULD comply with it makes sense.
Of course if we agree that it is a good idea then we MAY comply with it. I'm not enough of an HTTP/REST expert to have an opinion on that.