[Openstack] Nova Essex Planning

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 04:22:02 UTC 2011

Hey Everyone,

We had a great design summit.  Lots of new features were presented, along with some great proposals for cleanup, stability, upgradability, etc.  I'm attempting to capture all of the proposed action items in one etherpad, with links to specific blueprints.  You can find the etherpad here:

http://etherpad.openstack.org/essex

My plan over the next two days is to congeal all of the relevant proposals into one or more specific blueprints.  If you know of existing blueprints, please feel free to paste in a link next to the item in the etherpad.  If there are some plans that I missed, please add them. Once we have all the blueprints defined, we can target them properly.

On Thursday at 2100 UTC (2pm pacific/ 4pm central, the same time as the release meeting) I'd like to have an irc meeting to triage the blueprints and assign them to specific people/teams and milestones.  We have a lot of groups touching the nova code and we need to stay coordinated.  The blueprint system is there to help us understand who is working on what.  It would be great if all of nova-core could attend.

I would also welcome participation from other teams that aren't in nova-core.  There will likely be a number of blueprints that have no one assigned, so it would be great to find a home for them.

See you all soon!

Vish