[Openstack] [Nova] MySQL drivers in DB

Nick Sokolov chemikadze at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:55:40 UTC 2011

Hi stackers!

I noticed, that tables in database use two database engines instead of two,
but model descriptions does not override __table_args__ = {'mysql_engine':
'InnoDB'}.
This is design decision or migration_repo bug, or something else?

mysql> select table_name, table_type, engine FROM information_schema.tables;
+---------------------------------------+-------------+--------+
| table_name                            | table_type  | engine |
+---------------------------------------+-------------+--------+
   .... system tables here ....
| agent_builds                          | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| auth_tokens                           | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| block_device_mapping                  | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| certificates                          | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| compute_nodes                         | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| console_pools                         | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| consoles                              | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| export_devices                        | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| fixed_ips                             | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| floating_ips                          | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| instance_actions                      | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| instance_metadata                     | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| instance_type_extra_specs             | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| instance_types                        | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| instances                             | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| iscsi_targets                         | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| key_pairs                             | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| migrate_version                       | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| migrations                            | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| networks                              | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| projects                              | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| provider_fw_rules                     | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| quotas                                | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| security_group_instance_association   | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| security_group_rules                  | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| security_groups                       | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| services                              | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| snapshots                             | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| user_project_association              | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| user_project_role_association         | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| user_role_association                 | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| users                                 | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| virtual_interfaces                    | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| virtual_storage_arrays                | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| volume_metadata                       | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| volume_type_extra_specs               | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| volume_types                          | BASE TABLE  | MyISAM |
| volumes                               | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |
| zones                                 | BASE TABLE  | InnoDB |