[Openstack] OpenStack API Versioning Conventions

Brian Waldon brian.waldon at rackspace.com
Tue Oct 11 12:40:15 UTC 2011

I'm all for exposing only the major version in the URI (/v1). We have fallen into a trap with v1.0 and v1.1 as they are not backckwards-compatible specs while their versioning implies they are. I think we can have a whole separate discussion on how to solve that problem, so like I said earlier, I would like to get buy-in on my original proposal before we move on to spec-specific details.

Thanks for the great input, guys!

Waldon