[Openstack] access to openstack swift cluster

Khaled Ben Bahri khaled-bbk at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:52:52 UTC 2011

Hi Marcelo,

I followed instructions described in " http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html " to install swift
i think that the used for authentication is tempauth

best regards
Khaled
Subject: Re: [Openstack] access to openstack swift cluster
From: btorch-os at zeroaccess.org
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 05:55:01 -0500
CC: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
To: khaled-bbk at hotmail.com

Hi Khaled

What version of swift are you using and what authentication system ?
If you are using swauth (the preferred one), you need to make sure you have the "default_swift_cluster" properly defined within the "[filter:swauth]" section of the proxy config.
Ex:default_swift_cluster = local#http://EXTERNAL_ADDR:PORT/v1#http://127.0.0.1:PORT/v1 If you are using SSL then replace HTTP for HTTPS

Now you can either create a new account which will have the proper cluster URL or you need to use the "swauth-set-account-service" tool to change the storage url for the old account.

Marcelo MartinsOpenstack-swiftbtorch-os at zeroaccess.org
“Knowledge is the wings on which our aspirations take flight and soar. When it comes to surfing and life if you know what to do you can do it. If you desire anything become educated about it and succeed. “

On Oct 3, 2011, at 3:29 AM, Khaled Ben Bahri wrote:Hi all,

I installed Openstack swift on 4 nodes and it works correctly
I cann access and store files when I'm connected on the proxy node
but I can't store files or do any thing when I'm not logged on the proxy node

Can any one please help me ?

thank's in advance

best regards
Khaled