[Openstack] Libguestfs??

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Nov 2 03:18:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a reason that openstack is not using libguestfs more frequently than not.
Was there a technical reason for that, or a lack of packages in distributions (or other reasons?).
Just wondering since it seems like its aiming to be a library that can unify mounting different VM files (similar to libvirt).
Also made by the same company as libvirt (for better or worse)...

I've seen some branches of code that seem to have incorporated it but was it ever officially incorporated?
Thx,
Josh