[Openstack] Proposal for Dashboard as an official OpenStack project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 27 07:32:54 UTC 2011

Devin Carlen wrote:
> I believe the time is right to make the dashboard an official OpenStack project.
>
> To my knowledge, no other projects have gone through the incubation process to become an official project, so in some ways we are in uncharted territory.
>
> Is there an officially documented process to make this happen?

It needs to be proposed to the PPB for acceptance. Please put it on the
meeting agenda at [1].

[1] http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/PPB

Note that the PPB still needs to finalize the evolution of its current
"Project addition" process [2] to accommodate the new
Core/Incubation/Related project types [3] with clear process to move
from one to another.

[2] http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Approved/NewProjectProcess
[3] http://wiki.openstack.org/ProjectTypes

Maybe we can do everything in one meeting :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack