[Openstack] How to limit the total virtual processors/memory for one compute node?

Huang Zhiteng winston.d at gmail.com
Tue May 24 02:00:23 UTC 2011

Hi all,

In my setup of Cactus, I found Nova scheduler would place newly created
instance to a compute node that is already full occupied (in terms of memory
or # of virtual processors), which lead to swapping and VP overcommitting.
 That would cause serious performance issue on a busy environment.  So I was
wondering if there's some kinda mechanism to limit to resource one compute
node could use, something like the 'weight' in OpenNebula.

I'm using Cactus (with GridDynamic's RHEL package), default scheduler
policy, one zone only.

Any suggestion?
--
Regards