[Openstack] [Glance] New Glance API changes .. feedback needed

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Wed May 11 03:44:22 UTC 2011

On May 10, 2011, at 6:18 PM, Todd Willey wrote:

> Would adding new fields into a response bump the minor version number
> and not the major?  In that case, knowing the exact version would be
> nice.

What we're thinking here is that if you add a new field you should also expose an extension that denotes that field exists.  You can always detect whether the extension is present or not.  There shouldn't be a change in the version number because the change is backward compatible.

Extensions should be self-documenting. It's important that we have good specific documentation for each individual extension.

-jOrGe W.

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.