[Openstack] Packaging branches

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Fri May 6 19:48:13 UTC 2011

2011/5/6 Dan Prince <dan.prince at rackspace.com>:
> Hi Soren,
>
> Thanks for the updates. What Ubuntu distro release is actually used to build the PPA packages?

We build the source packages on the Jenkins box which runs Maverick,
but we build source packages for all of Lucid, Maverick, Natty, and
Oneiric. Does that answer you question?

> Maverick, Natty? Does the PPA build actually use lp:~openstack-ubuntu-packagers/nova/ubuntu?

It does indeed.

> I couldn't get it to work on Maverick.

What exactly are you doing that doesn't work?

> I just pushed a couple of branches that allow me to build nova ubuntu packages on Maverick:
>
> lp:~dan-prince/nova/ubuntu-hunking-fixes
> lp:~dan-prince/nova/ubuntu-fix_installinit

I just pushed a small fix for something as well. I'll review your
patches in a bit. Thanks!

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/