[Openstack] Creating a forum

brooks at aristacloud.com brooks at aristacloud.com
Fri May 6 07:33:00 UTC 2011

Thanks Jeff.

It looks like it supports the basic functionality of a typical forum based
application and includes a very nice modern jQuerry based UI.  The user
reputation system is configurable and is based on both posts and karma.
One of more interesting features is the ability to import RSS feeds into
the forums.  We could potentially use that feature to give more exposure
to the wiki pages (by adding RSS to moinmoin) and possibly to the mailing
lists via a mailing list to rss feed.  Depending on how we decide to use
it a xenforo based site could allow us to create a central location for
OpenStack content creation notification as well as for discussions and
general Q and A.

I put up a simple OpenStack oriented forum demo at:

 	http://demo.xenforo.com/?d=5910ae747bda1172

Feel free to login as admin and poke around (admin/admin).

That said, vBulletin is more mature and hence feature rich and their new
"publishing suite" has some very nice features.

Once we get past the software selection process taxonomy is the next topic
we should discuss.

Kevin