[Openstack] Creating a forum

Chad Keck chad at chadkeck.com
Thu May 5 02:44:42 UTC 2011

How about this...

www.stackertalk.com

Since I'm not a developer I'd like to contribute in some form or another :) There is a lot more refinement that needs to go into the site but I'm happy to run this forum. If anyone would like to help moderate/administer please let me know.

I like the StackOverflow model for very specific questions as someone mentioned earlier, but MANY prefer the flow and conversation style of forums, especially when coming to learn more about something they haven't arrived at specific questions for. Direct dev involvement isn't absolutely necessary but would certainly be welcome from time to time. You can always subscribe to the feed and watch for topics that peak your interest, etc.

Thoughts/concerns/feedback? I had a license I didn't mind using for XenForo which is a nice forum implementation and they should have the ability to mark specific threads as answered/not resolved in the near future. There is the ability to rate individual contributors and answers as well.

-- Chad