[Openstack] [SPAM] Re: Discussion on October Design Summit Locations

Stephen Spector stephen.spector at openstack.org
Wed May 4 21:49:42 UTC 2011

>> Andrew:
>>
>> How will the final decision be made?

Right now, I am working with the Rackspace events team to look for event
facilities that can meet our requirements in terms of physical space, number
of rooms, budget, availability on dates we need, etc. I am focusing on the
East Coast of the US including Canada with an emphasis on Boston but we are
also considering NYC, Montreal, Atlanta, etc. Don't worry ­ Orlando will not
be considered; I have done enough events there while at Citrix to last a
lifetime.

Once I get a few options that meet our needs I will present the information
to the community for feedback and then a final recommendation will be made
by myself to ?. I believe that ? at this time is Jim Curry and the Project
Policy Board although I am not sure the PBB should be the final decision
maker; however this is an open area for the community to discuss. Of course,
as of today, Rackspace is still funding more than 70% of the total costs for
these events thus the importance of getting Rackspace's thoughts on the
location.

As usual, I am open to other ideas and processes. My goal is to be
completely open with the planning of this event as I was last time so
everyone can see costs, schedules, etc.

Thanks,

Stephen Spector
Community Manager, OpenStack