[Openstack] Creating a forum

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:15:44 UTC 2011

A few people have mentioned the stack exchange style idea.  I think this is a fantastic idea; StackOverflow, etc. has been extremely useful to me. Since it is free to host a subdomain on StackExchange if there is enough support, we might as well get the ball rolling in addition.  This could replace or be in addition to a forum.

Note that this is not any kind of "official" decision to use Stack Exchange, but if we want to leave ourselves the opportunity to use it we need to get it started soon because it will likely take a couple of weeks.  I went ahead and proposed it here:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/31788/openstack

if this seems like a good idea to you, follow it and create and vote on example questions.  It would start as a community site. If there is enough support on the site we can decide (with the ppb) whether we want it to be an "official" channel.

Vish