[Openstack] Separation of IRC Channels

Glen Campbell glen.campbell at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed May 4 13:30:46 UTC 2011

This concerns me, as its not scalable. Yes, a few users might pick up some
valuable information "by osmosis," but as the use of OpenStack grows, it
will require massive amounts of repetition to ensure that the same
knowledge goes to all users. IRC is *not* the proper medium for capturing
user information; that needs to be static and updatable.

On 5/4/11 7:48 AM, "Michael Shuler" <mshuler at gmail.com> wrote:

>Wayne's observation is spot on - users hanging out with the devs and
>gaining valuable information by osmosis is a huge reason to leave main
>conversation in one location.  Too many times I've seen a split, then
>the -dev mantra becomes "that's a -user question, go ask there.."

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.