[Openstack] Creating a forum

Everett Toews everett.toews at cybera.ca
Mon May 2 23:43:49 UTC 2011

What I think the essential features for any user support forum are:

1. ability to up vote so the best answers bubble to the top.
2. for the original poster to be able pick the answer they used.
3. the chance to edit answers so they don't become stale.
4. they system searches the forum when you go to ask a new question to
reduce the number of duplicates.

People want answers out of these kinds of forums, not having to sift through
post after post trying to find the correct path through to an answer (if one
even exists). I took a look at the XenForo forums and I didn't see these
features. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Everett