[Openstack] State of OpenStack Auth

Greg gholt at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 4 18:09:45 UTC 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 11:05, Jorge Williams <jorge.williams at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:

> though we removed the details of this part at the request of the swift team.    Khaled implement this code to support both the default auth component  and to integrate the blueprint with swift.  The response to our blueprint, from the swift guys, was that it wasn't needed.

Yes, the swift team is horrible about that. :P To be fair to us though, we do prefer integration code that actually integrates with something instead of just the idea of something. Our actual recommendation was to implement a working system before submitting integration pieces to existing projects. Also existing tests have to pass. :P