[Openstack] VlanManager and Public IPs configuration

Diego Parrilla SantamarĂ­a diego.parrilla.santamaria at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:05:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I cannot find information about how to set up an environment with Public IPs
and VlanManager enabled. I have tested FlatManager but it does not fully
cover our needs in terms of network isolation.

Basically what I'm trying to do is:

a) Setup a Controller Node with nova-api, nova-scheduler, nova-objectstorage
and nova-manage tools. It connects to the management network.
b) Setup a Network Node with 3 NICs. NIC X connects to the management
network. NIC Y connects to the service network (VLANs with Private IP
addressing) and NIC Z connects to the public network.
c) Setup a bunch of Compute Nodes with 3 NICs. NIC X connects to the
management network. NIC Y connect to the service network and NIC Z connects
to the storage network.
d) Setup a Storage Node with 2 NICs. NIC X connects to the management
network and NIC Y connect to the storage network.

My problem is... I cannot find information about:
1) How to setup the Network Node to support this architecture. I guess I
have to configure the nova-network to listen on a public interface... but
how?
2) What euca-XXXX commands do I need to execute to configure a 'elastic IP'?
3) How do I populate the pool of 'Elastic IPs'?

I don't need a long response... a nova.conf file of a similar configuration
would be enough, plus the basic commands to assign elastic IPs.

Thanks in advance!
-
Diego Parrilla
nubeblog.com | nubeblog at nubeblog.com | twitter.com/nubeblog