[Openstack] Overview of CI/Testing

Teyo Tyree teyo at puppetlabs.com
Mon Jun 13 09:37:42 UTC 2011

[...]

> End goal is to have:
>  - publicly accessible and usable system for testing and build automation
>  - resources that it uses to spin up clouds in order to test them are
> themselves usable by people to spin up clouds
>  - tooling around this is done in a manner that makes us of and
> contributes back to existing projects (jenkins plugins, patches back to
> cobbler/orchestra/whatever)

Puppet Labs is collaborating with Canonical to produce Puppet modules for
Openstack.  We will be upstream for the Puppet Modules shipped with Ubuntu
Server (Oneric).  We have only been working on it for a couple of weeks but
have made good progress on Nova.  I have CC'd Dan Bode and Adam Gandelman.
They are responsible for building out the Puppet modules for Nova.  This
should be especially useful considering that it will be integrated with
Orchestra as part of Oneric.

Here is the Git repo if you want to check out the code or track the
progress.

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-nova

-teyo

--