[Openstack] Glance API Extensions

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:35:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Glen Campbell
<glen.campbell at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Hey, all – I've proposed a blueprint for adding extensions to the Glance API
> in a similar manner to the Compute API Jorge proposed:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/glance-api-extensions
> This would IMHO be a really useful mechanism for companies like Rackspace to
> add business-specific features that really don't need to be in the core
> code. We don't really want to fork the code to add our stuff, and those seem
> to be the only two options at the moment.
> I'd appreciate your feedback.

Hi Glen!

I have no general problem with adding support for extensions into the
Glance API, but I don't think I would implement it like the OS API
1.1.

Could you be so kind as to flesh out an example extension that
Rackspace is interested in building? This would serve as a useful
example and can get the discussion going a bit.

Thanks!
jay