[Openstack] Integrating GlusterFS with OpenStack

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Mon Jun 6 10:20:44 UTC 2011

My understanding is that the --instances_path will be the share to which the VM state will be synced on the source hypervisor. This synced image will then be used to restart the VM at  the destination hypervisor. Ideally, I'd like to avoid having a local copy of the VM state in order to provide persistence in VMs so that if the hypervisor fails or crashes, etc. the VM state on a Gluster volume can be used to restart it. I am not sure whether this is possible in OpenStack yet or if KVM will even support using a shared mount as a VM state storage. This is something I will be looking into. Of course, some references to docs, emails will be nice . Thanks.