[Openstack] swauth_novaldap released

Akira YOSHIYAMA yosshy at debian.or.jp
Sat Jun 4 11:13:47 UTC 2011

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your response.

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:53:01 -0500
Greg Holt <gholt at rackspace.com> wrote:

> Very, very cool!
>
> Just curious, what's the reason for the account, user -> user, account switch in swift3.py?

The format of Authorization header of S3 API is below:

	Authorization: LOW Accesskey:Secret

And accesskey of Nova is below:

	AccessKey = User:Project

So, Authorization header of Swift3 forms:

	Authorization: LOW User:Project:secret

swauth_novaldap presumed that projects of Nova are accounts of Swift, so
that header is User:Account:secret. So, we have to change that code
from account,user,_junk to user,account,_junk.

Best regards,
   Akira YOSHIYAMA <yosshy at debian.or.jp>