[Openstack] Exposing utils.usage_from_instances in Nova API?

Monsyne Dragon mdragon at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Jul 7 23:31:30 UTC 2011

On Jul 7, 2011, at 10:40 AM, John Tran wrote:

> This method is used for the instance-usage-audit executable , however,
> we believe it would be useful to have it exposed in either the OpenStack
> or EC2 API.  Thoughts?

Hmm... What would be exposed?  THis method is used for  any of the instance usages to generate the payload for instance notifications from an instance object..
I am not sure what would need to be exposed...  Just dumping the payload hash as an alternative instance representation?  Or  telling it to generate some sort of notification for a specific instance?

--
	Monsyne M. Dragon
	OpenStack/Nova

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.