[Openstack] OpenStack Compute API for Cactus (critical!)

John Purrier john at openstack.org
Mon Feb 28 20:16:20 UTC 2011

Has anyone done a gap analysis against the proposed OpenStack Compute API and a) the implemented code, and b) the EC2 API?

It looks like we have had a breakdown in process, as the community review process of the proposed spec has not generated discussion of the missing aspects of the proposed spec.

Here is what we said on Feb 3 as the goal for Cactus:

OpenStack Compute API completed. We need to complete a working set of API's that are consistent and inclusive of all the exposed functionality.

We need to *very* quickly identify the missing elements that are required in the OpenStack Compute API, and then discuss how we mobilize to get this work done for Cactus. As this is the #1 priority for this release there are implications on milestones dates depending on the results of this exercise. The 1.1 spec should be complete and expose all current Nova functionality (superset of EC2/RS).

Dendrobates, please take the lead on this, anyone who can help please coordinate with Rick. Can we get a fairly complete view by EOD tomorrow? Please set up a wiki page to identify the gaps, I suggest 3 columns (Actual code / EC2 / OpenStack Compute).

Thanks,

John