[Openstack] Review days for nova-core members

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Feb 22 08:58:48 UTC 2011

Soren Hansen wrote:
> 2011/2/22 Ken Pepple <ken.pepple at rabbityard.com>:
>> having said that, i understand what you are trying to do.
>> so, as a counter proposal, can we implement a round-robin or smart routing (based on file names or modules) reviewer assignment ?
>> failing that, could we assign everything to ttx (sorry) and he can assign reviewers ?
>
> Or, if there's a designated reviewer each day, that designated
> reviewer could do the first review and assign someone else to do
> another review.

Right, I think it's easier to keep nova-core assigned by default. People
knowing the local expert can specifically add his name to the reviewers,
or the first reviewer can do it.

Forcing adding a specific reviewer has two drawbacks in my opinion:

- some people will end up being called on reviews all the time, being
the expert in too many things
- some areas don't have a local expert, and for efficient round robin
they should probably be left assigned to nova-core

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack