[Openstack] OpenStack Compute API 1.1

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 00:18:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Justin Santa Barbara
<justin at fathomdb.com> wrote:
> Pulling volumes & images out into separate services (and moving from AMQP to
> REST) sounds like a huge breaking change, so if that is indeed the plan,
> let's do that asap (i.e. Cactus).

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here, Justin :)  The Cactus release
is supposed to be about stability and the only features going into
Cactus should be to achieve API parity of the OpenStack Compute API
with the Rackspace Cloud Servers API. Doing such a huge change like
moving communication from AMQP to HTTP for volume and network would be
a change that would likely undermine the stability of the Cactus
release severely.

-jay