[Openstack] Problems with run_tests.sh on 11.10

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Dec 30 19:48:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 12:30 -0700, John Griffith wrote:
> Looking in .venv M2Crypto was NOT installed, I ran things on a clean
> 11.10 install last night and the results were the same.  Repeat on a
> clean 11.04 and everything is fine. Looking at the venv setup script
> to see if I can figure out why this failed.  Seems odd I've reproduced
> on multiple machines but nobody else has seen this?  Maybe there's a
> step I'm missing still?

I believe M2Crypto is a C extension, which means that it has to be
compiled.  One of its compilation dependencies is likely SSL, given the
name of the undefined symbol.  So, my best guess at the best way to
resolve your problem is to ensure you have the openssl-dev package
installed (or whatever name it really has on 11.10).
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>