[Openstack] trusted computing and nova

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sun Dec 11 11:07:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 17:27 -0500, Mark Washenberger wrote:
> Does code specific to Trusted Computing belong in Nova? It seems like
> it should be supported through Scheduler plugins and API plugins (if
> necessary).

Just a general thought on this - it's all very well deciding to not
support a feature like this in-tree because people can use out-of-tree
plugins, but IMHO that's only reasonable if we have backwards compat
guarantees around the API that out-of-tree plugins are using

A better alternative might be to add it as a plugin, but maintain that
plugin in-tree so that anyone making an API change which affects the
plugin also has to update it

Cheers,
Mark.