[Openstack] Providing packages for stable releases of OpenStack

Ghe Rivero ghe at debian.org
Thu Dec 8 20:57:21 UTC 2011

I'm ok with everything so far, but from "
http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch":

*"The stable branch will only be maintained until the next release is out.
This period may be extended if there are volunteers to maintain it beyond
this point."*

With a 6 months release cycles, it still looks a sort period of time for a
production deployment, and some people/companies can not relay on those
volunteers to appear to maintain it for more time.

    Is there any plan (or can be proposed) to have some kind of LTS
release? I've read some place that essex + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS can be a good
candidate; essex is considered the first "production ready" release, but it
will not have quantum, we are tying openstack within an specific
distribution...  Anyway, (ubuntu12.04 + essex)^LTS looks great, and we have
time to discuss what to do for a future "LTS" release.

Ghe Rivero

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan at dreamhost.com>
wrote:

> On 07 Dec 2011 - 08:15, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> > Added.

> > Cleaned up the "this is an experiment" text a bit, it's gone beyond an
> > experiment now I think.
>
> Very cool, Mark! Thanks so much!!

 .''`.  Pienso, Luego Incordio
: :' :
`. `'
  `-    www.debian.org

GPG Key: 26F020F7
GPG fingerprint: 4986 39DA D152 050B 4699  9A71 66DB 5A36 26F0 20F7