[Openstack] Git/Gerrit workflow changes for Glance/Keystone

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Fri Aug 26 16:17:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:
> If you have any problems or questions, feel free to respond here, talk
> to mtaylor or jeblair on IRC, file a bug at
> <URL:https://launchpad.net/openstack-ci>, or submit a patch to
> <URL:https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ci>.

In my experience, these changes appear to be a step backwards. I had
previously been able to submit a review successfully and it was merged
successfully, but now with a new set of changes I get an error.

I reviewed the updated documentation and made all of the changes to my
local config. However, when I run 'git review', I get this error:

johannes at compute1:~/openstack/glance/johannes$ git review
Successfully rebased and updated refs/heads/protection.
fatal: '/jerdfelt/glance.git': not a Gerrit project

The first time I ran git review after making the documented changes,
it asked me for my launchpad username, but ended up giving me the same
error message in the end.

Of note, my launchpad username is johannes.erdfelt and my github
username is jerdfelt.

What does that error message mean? How can we make that error message
more useful?

JE