[Openstack] Improving test coverage and how you can help out!

Rohit Karajgi rohit.karajgi at vertex.co.in
Thu Aug 18 13:08:00 UTC 2011

Hi Soren,

Surely this is a key aspect that can sometimes get overlooked by us developers. Thanks for bringing this up again. There have been hundreds of bugs that have been filed over the last few months and many clearly indicate that they could have been caught at the unit test level.
Unit testing is not a hard task (albeit a lazy one sometimes), and there's no debating that the earlier we catch those bugs, the more we get to sleep later on!!

We have some branches (libvirt, network) for unit tests that will greatly increase the coverage numbers and we are still working actively working on this (testing) front. A collective effort from the community means that the 95 or 100% numbers are achievable.

Thanks!
Rohit
(NTT)