[Openstack] Questions About test_localization.py

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Aug 3 22:26:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 04:48:54PM -0700, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2011, at 4:23 PM, Zed A. Shaw wrote:
>
> > It does the same thing, but it's using the Python AST so it's accurate
> > about what it's checking and source lines, etc.  It is slower though,
> > but about 2 seconds.
>
> :( No one likes slower, but i guess it gives us a chance to do some additional checking.

Alrighty, I'm going to beef this up and have it check for a few more
simple things that you can now do accurately with the AST:

1. Strings that have format but are *not* in a _() call.
2. Correct format string layout, better than just > 1 %.
3. Maybe, write out a list of _() calls that aren't translated yet.  Not
sure if this is best in a test or as a tool though.

What you think?

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://zedshaw.com/