[Openstack] [Gerrit] Getting "invalid author"

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Aug 3 14:28:17 UTC 2011

Select "Register New Email" at the link provided in the error message (using "yorik.sar at gmail.com", if you have not already) and confirm your address using the link which is then emailed to you.

remote: ERROR:  You have not registered any email addresses.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR:  https://review.openstack.org/#settings,contact
From: openstack-bounces+dolph.mathews=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+dolph.mathews=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Yuriy Taraday [yorik.sar at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:50 AM
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Openstack] [Gerrit] Getting "invalid author"

Hello.

I'm trying to use Gerrit to propose changes to Keystone.
I'm using instructions from http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow to push my changes.
I'm getting "invalid author" error but my settings/contacts page looks fine and the e-mail listed there and in the error message are the same.
What could go wrong?

Error message:
~/src/keystone$ git review
Counting objects: 62, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (44/44), done.
Writing objects: 100% (44/44), 5.96 KiB, done.
Total 44 (delta 31), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas:   6% (2/31)
remote:
remote: ERROR:  In commit b0208609e1eb55f2912fd97cfb3c1112fc948d46
remote: ERROR:  author email address yorik.sar at gmail.com<mailto:yorik.sar at gmail.com>
remote: ERROR:  does not match your user account.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  You have not registered any email addresses.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR:  https://review.openstack.org/#settings,contact
remote:
remote:
To ssh://yorik-sar@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/keystone.git<http://yorik-sar@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/keystone.git>
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master (invalid author)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://yorik-sar@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/keystone.git<http://yorik-sar@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/keystone.git>'

Kind regards, Yuriy.

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.