[Openstack] Getting keystone to work with nova/glance

Marc Peiser marc at itmatter.co.za
Mon Aug 1 13:31:49 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I've installed keystone on a separate server with the sample data provided by the sampledata.sh script, I edited the endpoint templates to match my environment. I think I managed to get swift working using keystone but am not having the same luck with nova. Since keystone is installed on another server and not the same server as nova or swift I'm not 100% sure on the steps I need to take to add keystone support to nova. This is what I've done do far (note. nova is installed using the ppa repository):

cd /opt
git clone https://github.com/openstack/keystone.git
cd /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nova
ln -s /opt/keystone/keystone keystone
cd /opt/keystone
python setup.py develop
cp examples/paste/nova-api-paste.ini /etc/nova/api-paste.ini (modify service_host & auth_host to point to my keystone server)
restart nova services.

Now I'm not sure what to do from here, 'nova-manage user list' still shows old users that I used in nova, nothing from keystone? How do I generate novarc file for users from keystone?

And I can't find any help for glance/keystone integration?

Thank you.

Regards,
Marc