[Openstack] Burrow Updates

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Tue Apr 26 19:08:22 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

Last week I released the first version of Burrow, a message queue
being designed for public clouds, for Cactus. It's still very early
on and should only be considered as a development release (don't run
off to put it into production), but it still is able to show how the
project is shaping up. This release included a new docs site at:

http://burrow.openstack.org/

At the OpenStack design conference this week there is a discussion
on designing the Burrow proxy server, which will borrow ideas from
how Swift implemented their hash ring and proxy server. Please
take a look at the design summit schedule if you're interested in
participating. I'm also planning on giving a lightning talk on the
basics behind Burrow. If you're interested in messages queues, other
things being done in Burrow for the Diablo release cycle, or have
any other ideas or questions, find me at the design summit or shoot
me an email.

-Eric