[Openstack] Announcing Project RedDwarf - Database as a Service

Daniel Morris daniel.morris at rackspace.com
Thu Apr 21 19:21:38 UTC 2011

Eric,

No worries, thanks for the hugs.  We are jumping in to this new like many
others and are certainly not trying to side step the process.  This is our
big chance to give back, we are introducing this to the community today
and welcome the process, governance and approvals, feedback, and community
involvement.

I look forward to meeting / talking at the Design Summit.

Thanks,
Daniel

On 4/21/11 2:15 PM, "Eric Windisch" <eric at cloudscaling.com> wrote:

>> A team inside Rackspace has been working on open-sourcing some of
>> their technology for a while now. The RedDwarf project is a proposed
>> OpenStack project that will be discussed by the PPB and at the design
>> summit next week. Let's welcome new open source contributors with
>> welcome arms. Whether RedDwarf becomes an official part of OpenStack
>> core projects is, as you say, up to the PPB, but all Daniel was doing
>> is letting the mailing list and community know about their existence.
>> Let's give them a hug, eh? :)
>>

>Oh certainly, I welcome contributions and new members. I suppose it still
>rubs many of us the wrong way when Rackers use affirmative terms when
>discussing matters that require governance.
>
>Daniel, see what you got yourself into? Welcome!
>
>Regards,
>Eric Windisch
>eric at cloudscaling.com

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.