[Openstack] Enhancements to Glance in Diablo? Input welcomed

Jesse Andrews anotherjesse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 03:12:58 UTC 2011

Agreed that auth needs improved.  Multiple auths per site would be horrible.

Ziad just sent an email about the first phase and we (openstack community
members who care about auth) will work with ptls to make sure it works for
them.
On Apr 19, 2011 11:53 AM, "Ken Pepple" <ken.pepple at rabbityard.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2011, at 11:08 AM, Devin Carlen wrote:
>> So anyone building a Django based UI that used one or more pieces of
django-openstack can then pick and choose which they want to expose using
the actual django site container's urls.py. Django is really great at this.
>> Then openstack-dashboard can continue to be a single reference
implementation of all these things.

> i am fine with the "one dashboard to rule them all approach" as long as it
remains easy/possible to implement the sample site (openstack-dashboard)
with limited/single project functionality (with the understanding that 80%
of our users will probably use the stock sample site with little/no
customization).

> i think my only concern is about authentication … i'd hate to see people
entering several passwords or reauthenticating between switching tabs. i
have only been casually watching the authn/authz discussions so this may not
be the issue that i think it is.

http://wiki.openstack.org/GlanceDashboard) to talk about all this next week
?
> Or do we want to propose a more encompassing session ? i'd defer to
Devin's judgement here.