[openstack-tw] AppHack: Plan A Success

atzeng at itri.org.tw atzeng at itri.org.tw
Tue Mar 8 04:57:20 UTC 2016

Dear Tom and Michael

 Excellent news.  Job well done

Regards
Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: tom at openstack.org [mailto:tom at openstack.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 12:28 PM
To: openstack-tw at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-tw] AppHack: Plan A Success

Hello everyone and thank you for coming to our meeting last night to sort out the sponsorship issues with regard to the OpenStack App Hack event.

Michael and I took the action item from this meeting to have a discussion with Vicki from Taiwan Land Development Corporation about our event and ask for her support.

The great news is that Vicki is a very nice person and we share our mission to improve Taiwan.

Vicki shared her concerns about the need to keep the Hackathon Taiwan community strong by having high quality events, and we completely agree.

After a 90 minute discussion, it was clear that we had established a common understanding and Vicki is very amenable to supporting our event, and possible future events.

As a followup, Vicki has arranged a meeting between Michael, myself and the CEO of the Land Development Corporation, to ensure that the executive is briefed on the event appropriately and is comfortable with our aims, objectives and methods.

In terms of next steps, Hackathon Taiwan will update the website shortly with our agreed plan ("Plan A").

Regards,

Tom